Controls caterpillars including cabbage worm, tomato hornworm, tent caterpillars, gypsy moth, and leafrollers.
Can be used for:
- Cabbage Looper, imported Cabbage Worm and Tomato Hornworm on: broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, lettuce, mustard greens, spinach and tomatoes.
- Cabbage Looper in greenhouse plantings of: cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Leafrollers on: pears and apples.
- Spring and Fall Cankerworm, Tent Caterpillar, Satin Moth and Gypsy Moth on shade trees and ornamentals.
- Spruce Budworm, Jack Pine Budworm, and Eastern Hemlock Looper on evergreens.
Safer’s BTK is most effective when caterpillars are small and young. This product is not effective on adult moths.
Shake well before using and add 30mL of concentrate to 10 litres of water. A 10 L spray solution will cover approximately 100 square metres. Use within 12 hours of mixing, and do not allow to stand in a tank for more than 18 hours. Spray all leaf surfaces thoroughly (re-shake solution periodically throughout spraying) to provide good coverage, without runoff. Repeat if required 7-10 days later. Avoid direct application to ponds, lakes and streams, and avoid application if rainfall is imminent.
One 100 mL package makes 33.3L of product.
Product should be stored in concentrate form, in its original container, between 0 – 20 degrees Celsius; and used within 2 years of date of manufacture.